The Objectives of the Course is to enable delegates to:
To provide the candidates with a knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements to enable them to follow the procedures for setting out Signing and Guarding of an Excavation on the Highway:
- Identify various types of signing and guarding
- Recognise the safety procedures required
- Assess the legal requirements.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all operatives employed by local authorities, utilities and their contractors to sign, light and guard any road works in the highway.
- New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 – Chapter 8
- Review of the codes of practice
- Drawing site plans
- Notices required by Local Authorities
- Site surveys
- Code of Practice – safety at Street Works and Road Works
- An introduction to the use of vehicle actuated portable traffic signals
- Practical – Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
Mix of classroom-based theory and practical exercises.
This course can either be delivered as SWQR Registered or non-registered training course.
We run these courses on a regular basis, please contact us to arrange a suitable date and location or just fill out our enquiry form or call us direct on 0141 445 0404.