The Objectives of the Course is to enable delegates to:
- Become aware of and understand current legislation
- The hazards that are or could be present
- To understand the colour coding of utility services
- To carry out pre-operational checks
- To carry out search techniques
- To reference utility services drawing To successfully complete a practical assessment
- To successfully complete a theory assessment.
Who should attend?
Everyone connected with excavation will benefit from this course, including designers and planners, safety personnel, site management and all operational staff including machine operators.
- Introduction to course and registration course aim and learning outcomes
- Legislation and reference documents road/footway construction
- Utility positioning and identification hazards
- Risk assessment
- Safe systems of work
- Presentation: ‘ It could never happen to me’
- Introduction to:
- Introduction to Utility service apparatus
- Utility service drawing exercise
- Presentation ‘know your ground’
- Introduction to operating techniques and practice session
- Practical and Theory assessments
Mix of classroom-based theory and practical exercises.
This course can either be delivered as SWQR Registered or non-registered training course.
We run these courses on a regular basis, please contact us to arrange a suitable date and location or just fill out our enquiry form or call us direct on 0141 445 0404.